An easy weeknight dinner or party appetizer
1. Over medium heat, brown the meat in a pot or large pan.
2. Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook until the meat is cooked through
3. Add the carrot, cabbage and sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes until the cabbage is soft
4. Meanwhile, core the iceberg lettuce and cut in in half
5. When ready to serve, top with green onions and spoon the warm filling into an individual lettuce piece
Messy & delicious!
1 lb ground beef, turkey, or chicken
1/2 yellow onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 carrots, shredded
2 cups purple cabbage, shredded or chopped finely
1 bottle gluten-free Hoisin or Teriyaki sauce (I love Premier Japan brand)
1 head iceberg lettuce
2 green onions, sliced